Pop Culture Victim
Wednesday, May 05, 2004
  A funny thing happened on the way to Norrath.
Either I am the purchaser of really crappy rollerblade wheels, or I am hideously overpowered with my right toe. Reason I mention this is that the two wheels that have been in the front right position on my blades are both being turned into mush. I'm betting on the former reason, but the latter isn't out of the question. Regardless, here are some thoughts I had while blading or riding the bus recently.

As the bar on the right shows, one of my favorite bands is Nightwish. They just released (or are soon to release, I'm not sure which) a new album, called Once. I really like it, just like I like most of their stuff. The fact that they toss in not only orchestral instruments to their metal, but they have a ridiculously dramatic lead singer that sings pretty damn close to opera music make the Finns cool. (Could also be the keyboards.) Sweet merciful broccoli I like Scandinavian music. The Dutch are pretty freaking rockin' too.

I'm hungry. Well, not now, but at work. Problem with actually working for most of the day is that you are away from the house more and have more constricted access to food. End result is the same: Life force running out! Need food badly! So I'm now packing a far larger lunch. (Although, another thought strikes me just now, is that perhaps my metabolism is increasing or something. Maybe I'm getting mutant powers!)

Calgary beat Detroit. This isn't news to anyone who watches hockey. Still kind of sucks though, since I can't cheer for the Habs, I don't want to cheer for the Leafs, and that leaves Calgary as the only Canuck team in the playoffs now. Why, oh why, could they have paired it such that all the Canadian teams DIDN'T play each other in the first round? Or why couldn't Toronto have just said "You know what, Ottawa? We can't beat Philly. You guys go do it. Make us proud." WHY!? (sniff.)

I have my BlackBerry working now, (was fiddling with settings so that I received my personal email on it) and I love it. Does just about everything my Palm did (except for games, but that's somewhat irrelevant) and it gets my email too. Now, the best way to get a hold of me is to email me. Hands down. My cell phone's also a decent alternative, but I'm now stuck between keeping the Axel F (the one thing Harold Faltermeyer did before fading into obscurity forever... or at least that and the Top Gun soundtrack) that's my ring tone now, or switching to the theme from the Muppet Show. Decisions, decisions.

Go Google "Brett Banfe". Some kid thought he could go for a year without talking, communicating only by email, post and IMs. I wonder if he made it.

I need sleep. Not going to go to bed until after my post, but I have been having a few late nights recently, this one included, and it's all gaming-related (Munchkin is a surprisingly fun game). I don't think this is going to fix itself soon either. Phoo.

I have been negligent in my news-junkieness. Used to be I was hard-pressed to go a day without reading the papers or surfing my RSS feeds. I haven't read a paper in a week and a half now, and it's been 2 days without reading RSS. Freaky. The whole thing is kind of like partying and getting all messed up every other night. It's nice, but the lack thereof doesn't kill me.

I keep getting messages about this stupid Sasser worm on my computer. Every time I scan it though, nothing shows up. Pissing me off to no end.

Wow. Last three paragraphs all started with "I". I should get over myself, eh? And what better way than to just stop talking?
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
What I think.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Great White North, Canada
RECENT POSTS
Don't cry Tomato Baby...
Rain is good.
I think there's something wrong with me.
It hurtses usssssss...
I was going to go take on the day, but I think it ...
Kitties!!!
Home again, home again, jiggity jig.
GLOMP!
I should be running on empty.
I shall try to be brief.

GOOD BLOGS
BoingBoing
Warren Ellis
Mimi Smartypants
Websnark
Wonderland
One Good Thing
Neil Gaiman
Latigo Flint
Drug WarRant
Kung-Fu Monkey
Pre-Shrunk
Defective Yeti
Lawrence Lessig
Evil Avatar
Digital Copyright Canada
Techdirt

GOOD PODCASTS
Daily Sonic
Geek Fu Action Grip
Wingin' It with Mike and Evo

GOOD COMICS
8-bit Theatre
Alien Loves Predator
Angel Moxie
Checkerboard Nightmare
Chopping Block
Comet 7
Dork Tower
El Goonish Shive
Elf Only Inn
Girls With Slingshots
goats: the comic strip
Instant Classic
The Perry Bible Fellowship
Jeremy
Least I Could Do
Mac Hall Comics
MegaTokyo
Men In Hats
Narbonic!
Nodwick
Penny Arcade!
Piled Higher and Deeper
PvP
Queen of Wands :'(
Questionable Content
Real Life
Red Meat
Road Waffles
RPG World
Sam and Fuzzy
Scary Go Round
Sinfest
Skirting Danger
Sluggy Freelance
Something Positive
Sore Thumbs
Spells & Whistles
Strong Bad's E-mail
The Doctor Pepper Show
The New Adventures of Bobbin!
Wigu
Jeff Rowland's Overcompensating!
Tony Esteves's Cigarro & Cerveja
Two Lumps
Underpower
VG Cats
White Ninja Comics
Wulffmorgenthaler

ARCHIVES
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Powered by Blogger