Pop Culture Victim
Wednesday, February 16, 2005
  OMG teh tired
Just... wow. I feel like a right proper zombie today. One of the slows mindless ones, and not a fast cunning zombie. The slow zombies are the far better kind anyways. Sure, the fast ones have a more immediate sense of terror, since they can pounce on you and feast on your entrails before you can scream for help, but that's just slasher-flick horror. The slow zombies, on the other hand, just keep coming. You can't stop them, and their army just grows and grows. Cut one down, and now you have two half-zombies coming after you. None of this "shoot them in the brain" crap - I'm talking right unstoppable. One could argue that there kind of needs to be a way for the protagonists to win, otherwise what's the point of the zombie flick? Posh! You just need to adjust your spectacles! Clearly, you're cheering for the wrong side.

So like I said. Right zombie-braindead-tired. Almost as if the regimen of less than six hours of sleep per night just isn't enough to cut it. I've made the decision to fix this, and provided I can both remember it and follow it through, that will hopefully square affairs away for tomorrow. Today, however, remains to be survived, and it just might be an excruciating ordeal, as was yesterday. This is not because of lack of activity, or lack of direction, but simply lack of "ability to get shit done". No sooner do I do anything, than I start daydreaming, or an email arrives (which is rare, but often ill-timed) or something else conspires to keep me in a state of listless, motivation-less ennui. This is a purely recent phenomenon, and I sincerely hope it is short-lived and stomped out of my system by about... five minutes from now. The fingers are crossed. In the meantime, I suppose I'll just suck down some coffee and change the subject.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
What I think.

My Photo
Name:
Location: The Great White North, Canada
RECENT POSTS
Kill some time
Apparantly, I'm a genius.
Wanna play some City of Heroes?
Bjork scares me
Because I've discovered my email is borked
Puts things into perspective, no?
I've got Mono, and I love it.
"Couple of cool guys...
Superman is a dick.
Why all the children love both Mozilla and Gamera

GOOD BLOGS
BoingBoing
Warren Ellis
Mimi Smartypants
Websnark
Wonderland
One Good Thing
Neil Gaiman
Latigo Flint
Drug WarRant
Kung-Fu Monkey
Pre-Shrunk
Defective Yeti
Lawrence Lessig
Evil Avatar
Digital Copyright Canada
Techdirt

GOOD PODCASTS
Daily Sonic
Geek Fu Action Grip
Wingin' It with Mike and Evo

GOOD COMICS
8-bit Theatre
Alien Loves Predator
Angel Moxie
Checkerboard Nightmare
Chopping Block
Comet 7
Dork Tower
El Goonish Shive
Elf Only Inn
Girls With Slingshots
goats: the comic strip
Instant Classic
The Perry Bible Fellowship
Jeremy
Least I Could Do
Mac Hall Comics
MegaTokyo
Men In Hats
Narbonic!
Nodwick
Penny Arcade!
Piled Higher and Deeper
PvP
Queen of Wands :'(
Questionable Content
Real Life
Red Meat
Road Waffles
RPG World
Sam and Fuzzy
Scary Go Round
Sinfest
Skirting Danger
Sluggy Freelance
Something Positive
Sore Thumbs
Spells & Whistles
Strong Bad's E-mail
The Doctor Pepper Show
The New Adventures of Bobbin!
Wigu
Jeff Rowland's Overcompensating!
Tony Esteves's Cigarro & Cerveja
Two Lumps
Underpower
VG Cats
White Ninja Comics
Wulffmorgenthaler

ARCHIVES
January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Powered by Blogger